The Old Historic Court House
Located in downtown Homer, the court house is one of the oldest in Georgia. It dates back before the Civil War, having been started in 1859 using slave labor. However, work on it languished during the war and it was not completed until 1870. The court house underwent an extensive restoration in the 1980's, following the completion of a modern new court house flanking it on the Yonah-Homer Road.